Tuesday 21 May 2013

Jamaica Villas - Online Newspapers and Blogs for Jamaica







I find it always helps, no matter what country you visit, to get to know what is happening before you set sail on your annual vacation, for many reasons, after all, you don’t want to visit a country that in the throes of some great upheaval, do you? I know you’re thinking that this sounds unlikely or farfetched but it is not and I can point to my own experiences in the late 1970’s when I took a vacation to the west coast of Africa, to Ghana to be precise.

There I was, enjoying the beautiful sunshine in this delightful tropical paradise, I was up jungle in a place called Kumasi and living the high life whilst doing my best to avoid the rather large and fierce looking insects when we were informed, in a sort of “by-the-way” manner that there had been a military coup but there was nothing to be worried about. Nothing to be worried about? Military coup! It wasn’t what I expected when I got off the plane the week before.
No matter, it all turned out well and I got back home with nothing more than some insect bites and strange looking souvenirs.

So, now, I don’t leave blighty unless I am absolutely sure there is no chance of a military coup, a volcano erupting, flood or pestilence and I have found that the best way to do this is to read the local online newspapers and Blogs as they have all the local information at a glance.
Jamaica is blessed in this sense as it has my favourite online periodical, the august Jamaica Gleaner. This is a delightful online newspaper for the tropical paradise of Jamaica that is informative as well as entertaining and there is not too much political nonsense to bore you.

The Jamaica Gleaner is also a great source of information as far as entertainment is concerned with up to date lists of forthcoming concerts, exhibitions, theatre cultural and historical events, sights and activities, in fact, if it isn’t in the Jamaica Gleaner, it isn’t happening and that goes for military coups and volcanic eruptions.
So, when you come for your Caribbean vacation to the Sur MerVillas at Negril, you will already be familiar with what’s going to be happening and if you do get stuck for options, there is always the ever helpful Villas Sur Mer staff that will be happy to help in any way they can.

Welcome to Jamaica, Welcome to Villas Sur Mer and enjoy reading the Jamaica Gleaner.
 

Jamaica Vacation Villas links: 
http://www.villassurmer.com/ Negril Villas Jamaica 
http://www.luxuryarrivals.com/ Jamaica Villas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or link of interest. If you have a business in Jamaica, please leave a link for people to visit.