Thursday 6 October 2011

The Virgin Islands - Holidays in the British Virgin Islands


The British Virgin Islands

I thought to myself "This one is going to be difficult!" when I was looking through the list of luxury villas that My Luxury Villas website has to offer and for good reasons.

Let's face it, some of my Blogpeepers are less than mature, some are a tad naive and others are simply "strange" so I was a bit concerned about explaining the joys of a couple of weeks free time in the Virgin Islands (One can almost hear the "Pwooaar!" and the sniggers coming from some excited Blogblimpers!)

First off, The Virgin islands are called "The Virgin islands" because at the time they were discovered, they were "untouched by man" there had been no one living there, it was virgin territory, uninhabited, not a soul in site.

They are not called "The Virgin Islands" because a colony of Catholic Nuns once lived there or a harem of ladies of "spotless reputation" set up shop or that Madonna wrote a song about them or any other reason the underclass of Blogtropolis can contrive. They had no people on them when they were discovered. Period (No pun intended there..Pwooaar!)

So, you may ask, what interest is there on the British Virgin Islands for this handsome young Blogger? Well, I'll tell you.

My Luxury Villas has a fine selection of luxury vacation villas in all parts of the British Virgin Islands, Oh yes! Also, because My Luxury Villas is the sister site to the world famous Jamaican Treasures, you can bet your bottom dollar that we are talking class, quality and security.

The British Virgin Islands (I refer to them as "British" not for any colonial reason, it's just that the Yanks have some Virgin Islands as well, you may have noticed on the map?) are the ultimate in getaway holidays. Sun, sea, sand and the unspoilt views for hundreds of miles. It knocks my recent "holiday" to Ryhl (In case you have never heard of it, Rhyl, it's in Wales) into a cocked hat!

In the best traditions of this august Blog, I am going to throw a link to the My Luxury Villas website and the Virgin Islands villas or destination 266.


http://www.jamaicantreasures.com
Email
lisa@jamaicantreasures.com
Have you been to Jamaica or do you live on Jamaica? Add a comment about your favourite place

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or link of interest. If you have a business in Jamaica, please leave a link for people to visit.