Monday 19 December 2011

Christmas in Jamaica


I've seen this picture before? Jamaican Treasures Facebook page I think?

You can’t accuse moi of not getting into the Christmas spirit. Oh no! I love Christmas and of course the Christmas songs and I don’t mean the Christmas Carols. Growing up I was a Slade fan and as everyone knows, unless you lived in a cave for the last 40 odd years, Slade did one of the all time best Christmas songs “Merry Christmas everybody” those were the days.
I decided I would search for items about Christmas in Jamaica and up popped a song by a very lovely girl called Toni Braxton, called “Christmas in Jamaica” and so, thinking you might like to sing along to this very pleasant Christmas song, here are the lyrics.
Chorus:
We'll be having fun
Under golden sun
Christmas in Jamaica here we come...
We'll just sail on, just sail...

Lovers frolickin'
Playin' in the sand
Got my Coppertone
Getting on my tan

Exotic setting for a
Lady and her man
A perfect little holiday
Sounds like a plan

We can stay in bed all afternoon
We can make out to some cool Reggae tunes
We can sail under the light of the moon
Wish we could freeze this moment
then it wouldn't end so soon....

Chorus

Unplug the phones , y'all
Don't need no calls
No callin' home
Take a break from it all...

'Cause we both grown
And we can do whatever, see?
Baby, it's just you and me
Let's live out a fantasy

Hiking in the mountains, romantic rendezvous
Bathing in the fountains, stop-let me look at you
Just in case you're doubtin', let me paint a view
Picture you in heaven, everything is true

Chorus

http://www.jamaicantreasures.com
Email
lisa@jamaicantreasures.com
Have you been to Jamaica or do you live on Jamaica? Add a comment about your favourite place

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or link of interest. If you have a business in Jamaica, please leave a link for people to visit.