Thursday 15 September 2011

Jamaica Villa versus a caravan in Rhyl (Wales)

The Blogspot family on holiday in Rhyl...It's in Wales!
I bet you, dear Blog-o-blimpers, (readers to you) have this warped idea about me, that just because I work for the best holiday villa rentals company in Jamaica, that I get to go on really exotic holidays all year round. WRONG! Not just wrong, very, very, very wrong. I´m off to Rhyl...YES! RHYL (pronounced "RILL") and it's in WALES!


Mr Blogspot knew it was summertime, the rain was warm!"
Now, you will be asking yourself this "If he has the chance of a beautiful villa in St Martin from Jamaican Treasures, the best villa rentals company in Jamaica, why is he going to Rhyl?" (Come to think of it, I´m asking myself the same bloody thing!)

I´ll tell you why I´m going to Rhyl, it's because I have to go, my wife said so. We are visiting Mrs Blogspots sister and it just so happens, she lives in Rhyl. Now, that in itself is not a bad thing, I like Mrs Blogspots sister, but unlike you readers, I won't be sunning it in a fantastic villa in the Caribbean, oh no! I´m staying in a box on wheels...a caravan!! Not just any caravan though, mines a "Silver Standard" Mrs Blogspot booked it a few weeks ago.

We found some reviews of the place yesterday, one of them said "I would rather stick needles in my eyes than go back there!" so I´m not expecting to be sitting in the lap of luxury. Another review said "What a dump!".

The best review chirped "I would rather sleep rough in Manchester wearing a Liverpool FC shirt than sleep at Marine*******!"When I mentioned this to Mrs Blogspots sister, she poo-poohed these reviews "Take no notice of that rubbish, it's much worse than that!" I hope she was joking.

Unlike villa Carisa in St Martin, which is on Baie Rouge beach, this "Holiday Park" backs on to a "Rough looking housing estate" Dear lord!! I pointed this out to Mrs BS and her response was "beggars can't be choosers!" SINCE WHEN HAVE I BEEN A BEGGAR!

Mrs Blogspot booked a Silver Standard caravan

There is of course a moral to this story "You get what you pay for!" and Mrs Blogspot has paid for a week in a Russian Gulag with cold and colder running water by the sounds of things. The other moral of this sad tale is "Never let Mrs Blogspot book the accommodation, you'll end up in bloody Rhyl!"

PS. I have to point out that Mrs BS is not entirely to blame for booking us into Stalag 21 as the Marine*********** Rhyl has a banner on it featuring Holly WillaBooby and Philip Schofield, the hosts of a dreadful morning telly programme on no less than the BBC!!!


http://www.jamaicantreasures.com
Email
lisa@jamaicantreasures.com
Have you been to Jamaica or do you live on Jamaica? Add a comment about your favourite place

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or link of interest. If you have a business in Jamaica, please leave a link for people to visit.